Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bright Squares, my Daughter's Penny Patch

Last month I showed you my Cream Puffs Galore quilt that I had finished in December.  It was from a quilt along that my Daughter and I had done together. The post is HERE, if you'd like to see it.

In that post I mentioned that I'd sent my Daughter's quilt off to the long arm quilter as a surprise and then gave it to her for Christmas.  The quilt still needed binding.  My Daughter found the perfect binding in my stash, some bright pink Sketch fabric.  She cut the binding, but then she came down with the crud and was sick for several weeks, and very busy with work and family things.

Since my beautiful Daughter is a February baby, I decided it was time for another surprise.  I made the binding, attached it, and hand stitched it down.  Then I wrapped up the quilt and gave it to her again.  Yep, you should have seen her very surprised face!!  I'm so glad!

Here it is, Bright Squares, her finished quilt!

Here's a close up of the lovely leaf and flower quilting...

a peek at the background fabric and the binding...

and here is a little confused bee who thought he'd found a beautiful new flower!

Isn't it such a pretty and fun quilt?

Happy Stitching everyone!
Staci

2 comments:

Shasta Matova said...

It is a beautiful quilt - so bright and colorful. No wonder the bee is confused!

Ranch Wife said...

Now if that doesn't herald in Spring, then I don't know what will!Your daughter chose such fun, cheerful prints and colors and it made for a beautiful quilt! And how sweet you were to finish it and surprise her the way you did!