Wednesday, February 4, 2015

ALYOF February Goal!

A Lovely Year of Finishes


It's that time again -- Time to choose a new goal, and it's taken me ages to choose.  That's defintiely a sign I have too many UFO's! 

In October last year I picked up these gorgeous New Aged Muslins from Marcus Brothers.  These fabrics have the look of hand dyes--and my photos just can't capture the beauty of them.  There is all kinds of subtle shadings and wonderful texture from the dying process.  

The fabric looks like it's wrinkled in the photos, but it isn't.  Those 'wrinkles' are variations created in the dying process.  You can see where the fabric was folded, but all the rest of it the way the cotton absorbed the dye.

These lovely fabrics are on their way to becoming a small Lonestar quilt which will likely hang in my sewing room. Half of the segments were pieced before I got all caught up in the pre-Christmas chaos and I've never gotten back to it.  No time like the present, right?




Lonestar quilts have always been a favorite with me, but I was too intimidated to make one.  Then my dear Friend told me about Quilt Smart Foundations!  Wow!!  I'll talk more about Quilt Smart when I reach the finish line with this quilt.

I'm really looking forward to working on this again.  Wish me luck!

Staci

2 comments:

LynCC said...

I love the fabric texture - very fun! That'll be pretty in a Lone Star, too. :)

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's going to be stunning!