Thursday, January 22, 2015

January 2015 Bee Blocks

My sweet little Flickr bee is up and running for our 2015 round!  It's nice to see all the bee girls back together again, plus we have some new friends for this round.  Coast to Coast Quilters is in it's second year, but I hosted 2 bees previously, and the core group of Coast to Coast Quilters have been stitching together since the very beginning.  Our Bee always takes December off, so for January we have two Queen Bees. 

We made these 9 patch variation blocks for Sally. Aren't they fun?  Fast, too!  Great way to use up all those scraps we are hoarding, right? (tutorial HERE) I made 6 units for Sally.  She asked us to leave them separate so she has more options for her final arrangement.

We made Chunky Churn Dash Blocks for Aimee, in two sizes, but both blocks will finish at 10 inches.

Aren't those 5 inch baby churn dash blocks the cutest things?  I'm really curious about her final layout.  She asked two of us to just sew the baby blocks in pairs instead of putting all four together in one block. 



Next month it's my turn & it's exciting!! Decided on my pattern just about a year ago, and have been collecting fabrics for nearly that long. The last couple weeks I've been busy slicing it up so it can go in the squishy envelopes.  I'll give you a peek once I get my sample blocks put togther. 

Happy Stitching!
Staci

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely blocks - I have a soft spot for Churn blocks.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Lovely blocks!