Friday, January 16, 2015

Fabulous Friday Finish: Sewing Machine Covers!

Here's a couple more 2014 Finishes.  
Sewing Machine Mats and Covers were made for two of my very favorite friends. 
This one was made up of lots of prints with blues and greens.  I really enjoyed selecting the prints, they are so cheerful. Both items are slightly adapted from patterns Lori Holt's adorable book, Quilty Fun.  The mat is made up of many many many hour glass units.  The little spools were a lot of fun to piece. 



This one was made for another sweet friend.  The poodle design was taken off her business card and enlarged. The poodle is embroidered, and the fuzzy bumpy nose made up of colonial knots.  A small plain mat was made to match, but it seems I never took a photo; that's okay, it wasn't interesting to look at anyway! My friend's machine lives in a cabinet, so the mat is down inside and not visible.  It's just there to help cut the vibration and noise when the machine is operating.

Sewing Machine Covers are a lot of fun to make. The really hard part is deciding on a design because the possibilites are endless, and that can really make your head spin!

Happy Sewing!
Staci

3 comments:

sunny said...

Very cute! I have a handful of friendship blocks that I don't know what to do with, and I was thinking of a sewing machine cover. You've inspired me to get started!!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Love these to bits!!! XO!!!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Two gorgeous covers!