Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014: Looking Back

WOW!  Sewed a bunch in 2014!

9 lap size or larger quilts
1 Christmas Tree Skirt
2 Sewing machine covers and mat sets
3 mini quilts
2 pincushions
1 needle book
1 mug rug

This red pinnie didn't get in the mosaic, but I love this chunky scrappy thing. It's deep enough the long pins don't come through the bottom and is filled with crushed walnut shells so it doesn't fly off the table easily. 

Made an even dozen blocks for Coast to Coast Quilting Bee. 


Last, but certainly not least, 91 City Sampler blocks were constructed!  Certainly not going to add all that to this post, but how about letting my favorite block represent them all?

This is the first time I've ever done mosaics for the year, and I'm kind of amazed.  I had felt sure 2014 wasn't a good sewing year, but I was wrong!

Wonder what 2015 will bring??  
Hopefully lots of learning experiences, pretty colors and wonderful quilts!

Happy happy happy sewing, everyone!!

Staci

6 comments:

LynCC said...

Yeah, it was a good year :) You got a lot finished!

Mary said...

Putting the FINISHES all together is a good thing to use for reflecting on the year. I wonder what my Picture will look like next year?? Lots of colorful quilts in my head. I'm sure you have a few in mind too.

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

Fantastic finishes Staci.....and one lives at my house!!!

Archie the wonder dog said...

What a great sewing year you had!

Sarah Craig said...

You did have a great year! Lots of beautiful things in your mosaics, and a few that are on my bucket list!! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Lots of BIG finishes too. Well done. I love the colours in your favourite city sampler block.