Friday, December 19, 2014

Fabulous Friday Finish--The One With Slippers

This is one fast fast fast fun to make quilt!
Sometimes I get so caught up in making complicated quilts I forget how charming simple patchwork can be.  This little quilt flew together in an afternoon and is just delightful.  Although you often see me using bright brights, I love Minick & Simpson prints, and Lexington is one of my favorite collections with all the beautiful blues and creams.

My Daughter and Husband were holding the quilt up on an extremely cloudy & gusty day. As I was trying to snap a couple photos between gusts of wind I had to laugh when those blue slippers my daughter was wearing popped out!

My Name For It: Blue Fizz
Pattern: Fat Quarter Fizz from Fat Quarter Shop
Fabric: Lexington by Minick & Simpson for Moda
Dimensions: 48 X52
Professionally long arm quilted by Pat Boeck

Here's a close up of the swirly quilting.  The texture adds to the charm, and this will be one cuddly quilt.  It's headed off to a snowy climate to keep some of Hubby's family members warm this winter.


Happy Weekend, everyone!
Staci

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I am still cutting my lights and darks out of my stash to make this quilt. I think we need another lap quilt around here. This one looks very comfy and I love the blues.

sunny said...

I love the blues! Especially the blue slippers. Thanks goodness they weren't pink or red. LOL!

margaret said...

oh yes I could enjoy a cuddly under this lovely quilt

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I am a softie for blue so you got me right off with the colors....but I love the simple pattern and quilting so much too!!!