Friday, December 26, 2014

Fabulous Friday Finish--Christmas Tree Skirt!

The Christmas Tree Skirt was indeed finished BEFORE Christmas!  

This is a large tree skirt!  For perspective, the tree is 7.5 feet tall and 54 inches across the lowest row of branches.  The tree skirt measures about 51 inches across.  

The pattern is in the book Simply Modern Christmas by Cindy Lammon. Great book!  There's a couple more things in it I'd like to make eventually. I highly recommend this pattern.  It was accurate, easy to make and you can see how nice it looks.  The design would look great in pretty much any color combination or style of fabric.  

Did you have a nice Christmas?  I sure hope so!

Staci

5 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Beautiful!

LynCC said...

Pretty! I really like our 20yo store-bought skirt, but it's clearly too small for our tree. I want to make a new one for next year. Thanks for sharing your dimensions - tree and skirt. Lets me know what range I need to aim for!

Raewyn said...

The tree skirt is gorgeous - we have never had one (I'd never heard of them before I entered blogland!) but every year I get a little more tempted to make one!!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Well done Staci - and finished before Christmas too! We had a very nice Christmas thank you. It's summer here so we are having a lazy time at home, watching cricket on TV with all the doors and windows open. Merry Christmas to you too.

margaret said...

your skirt looks great and a very nice tree too