Friday, October 31, 2014

The End is Near!

When you see this -- 
Pattern matching the seam for  backing fabric. 

And again, more pattern matching, this one needs a final pressing!

And this--
1...2...3...4...5....bindings ready and waiting patiently. 


And this--
The 6th bundle of binding being hand stitched down. 

You know the END IS NEAR!
Feels great to be racing for the finish line on so many projects!

Happy Stitching!
Staci

PS.  I really love this part of the quilt making process.  
Hand stitching all that binding down will take time, but I just love doing it!

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

OK that first quilt intriques me. Love to see bindings all in a row. I do a mix of hand and machine binding (kids and charity quilts always by machine), but there is that love of final needle to a project for the finishing glow.

Ranch Wife said...

Such a pretty sight! That's my favorite part too. It looks as if you've been burning the midnight oil at the sewing machine.
Job well done on the matching fabric seams - I've got to do that on the front of a quilt and I am not confident about it one little bit.

Nicky said...

Wow I'm impressed! Go for it!

Mary said...

Seam matching is good! I'd rather use a Fat Back. No seams is better. Glad you get some hand stitching time this week-end. 6 Finishes is a LOT!

Newbie Jen said...

Can't wait to see them all, Staci! I'm sure each will be magnificent.