Friday, October 3, 2014

Meet "SPOT"-- A Fabulous Friday Finish

Happy Friday!
I'd like to show you a happy, happy finish today.
You might need to don your sunglasses though.....it's a little bit ........ Bright!


"SPOT" 62 x 72 inches.
SPOT was created on a whim.  My beautiful daughter gave me a couple little fat quarter bundles of polka dot fabric for Christmas a couple years ago.  I knew I wanted to do something special with it, but never could make a decision on a design.   Nothing I considered seemed right or good enough for these fabulous dots. One day it finally hit me--big 9 Patch Blocks -- so SIMPLE and it would let the fabric SHINE!   I spent a little time doing math, determining the best way to use up virtually every bit of my fat quarters.  I did have to hunt up a couple more prints, so my daughter and I hit the quilt shops. Then there was a couple of afternoons sewing sewing sewing and TA DA: I had SPOT!  


close up of the quilting.
 Spot went off to the long arm quilter and came back with marvelous wavy lines criss crossing each block and the entire quilt.  
Guess we could say X Marks the Spot?  
Yeah, I hear you groaning, but it is was good pun, right?  
That's why you are groaning??  Right?  


SPOT's Spotty backing
Spot is backed with another dot print, this time giant sized.  I love this fabric so much, and it's my favorite bright green.  The binding is an uneven stripe in black and white.  

I'm in LOVE with SPOT!  SPOT is staying at my house and is going to live with me forever!  I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures so SPOT and I can cuddle up and read books together.  I think SPOT will be the perfect winter companion, don't you?  

Thank you, thank you, dear Daughter for those spotty fat quarters!

Staci

16 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think Spot is just delightful! Love how some of the 9-patch have a variety of the 'lite' squares - just adds to the charm. I think Spot needs to live with you.

Vicki W said...

Spot is awesome!

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Love it!

amy and the bad cats said...

Spot is an awesome quilt! Now if those pesky temperatures would just drop so it would be cool enough for snuggling up in it!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOVE Spot!! Totally awesome!

vkh6210 said...

Wow!! Beautiful! Love the quilt!

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love SPOT!

LynCC said...

Haha! That's fun. :D Love that over-size green spot for the backing

Sarah Craig said...

Very very cool!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving those Dots!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

It's lovely! I've just started collecting polka dot spotty fabrics myself for my main quilt of 2015. I've never really used them before. You must have had lots to choose from, but I do like how you've combined them - red and white with white and red - clever.

margaret said...

I love a spot and certainly this is a beauty, not seen big spots like these before, we only seem to get the little ones which I use quite a bit especially on binding

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

It is the perfect quilt to go to when you are feeling a bit down!!! It will cheer you right up!!!

Cheryl said...

The quilt is so bright and beautiful!

Ranch Wife said...

How fun is that?! I think you were "spot on" in your choice of design! :)

Sarah said...

Spot is cool! I love that it's so bright and cheerful. I especially love the huge spots in the backing.