Friday, October 24, 2014

Fabulous Friday Finish! Summer Grove

At long last, here's my Summer Grove Quilt!  It's so bright and beautiful!
This quilt is made with about a million little scraps and many bright solids from different fabric companies.  It measures about 65 x 70, which will be perfect for snuggling under with a good book whenever it finally turns cool.  


Binding is Kona Charcoal. The backing is an Amy Butler print. 
The quilt was long arm quilted with lots of intersecting circles. 

I'm kinda proud of the backing. 

It was very very carefully pattern matched.  Looks pretty good, huh? 

This quilt's been at least three years in the making!  
It is so FANTASTIC WONDERFUL and AMAZINGLY STUPENDOUS
to FINALLY have it off the UFO list!

Happy Friday!
Staci

PS: Many thanks to my long suffering quilt holders!  
Love you two bunches and bunches!


13 comments:

Anorina (Samelias Mum) said...

It looks wonderful. I love your backing too. Just perfect!!

Vicki W said...

What a fun quilt!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

I just love this quilt to pieces!!

Gill said...

Fabulous quilt!

LynCC said...

I really like this quilt! And the backing fabric is so fun.

Sarah Craig said...

Wonderful quilt! I'm a big fan of this pattern, and hope to make one myself someday. Your color choices are great!

Lin's Quilts said...

The back does look fabulous!

margaret said...

well worth the 3 years this took it is a lovely quilt and yes perfect for snuggling under in the cold weather

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Well done Staci. I love the backing too, but I also love the front. It's a great feeling to finally finish something isn't it? This quilt is lovely.

Nicky said...

I have loved this project since I first saw your blocks and so want to make one - even more now I see yours finished!

Nicky said...

And you aced the pattern matching thing!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty, I love all of the bright colors.

Archie the wonder dog said...

What a great quilt! Congratulations on that marvellous pattern matching on the back!