Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Another Batch of City Sampler Blocks

Here's another batch of my City Sampler Blocks.  These were done over the summer, but not photographed until recently.  As I mentioned previously, the blocks are just numbered in the book. The author encourages each person to name her own blocks so it is unique to her quilt.  Some of the blocks are easy to name, others...not so much.  Sometimes I can't find my imagination! If you see it, please tell it to go on home, okay?


#30 This is one of my favorite blocks, although I can't think of a name for it.

This one is called "Locked In".  Thanks, Wendy!  Great Suggestion!

#31--Polaroid.  When this block goes into the quilt, I'll make sure it is oriented differently.


#32--Paisley Box

#33--No name for this one, but I really love that floral print, and this color combination.
My friend Leslie said I should call this one BOOM! since the color combination is so bold, so BOOM! it is!

#34--another no name block!

#35--yet another no name, and another color combo I really love. 

#36--Rock Slide

If you have a suggestion for a block name, I'd love it hear it!

Staci

4 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

I like the names you already have and think my favourite is 'This is one of my favourite blocks, although I can't think of a name for it'!!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

I love them all - those are my kinds of colours. The top one actually looks a bit like bars to me - how about 'locked in'.

margaret said...

I had a chuckle re your favourite block as that was the one I made such a mess of and even when I did it again it was not good!! Well done for coming up with some names I am afraid none of mine got a name.

Nicky said...

Whatever they are called they are great blocks!