Monday, September 22, 2014

Counting My Blessings on a Monday

Somedays chores are just that: CHORES.  
Something to be endured and ticked off the To Do List as quickly as possible.

Other days those same chores are something else entirely.  Those days, this day, the chores are an opportunity.  

While cleaning my living room I was dusting the wedding photos of both of my precious children.  Those two have no idea the depth of love I have for them!  Both grew up to be amazing, intelligent and in every way admirable people.  And I am so grateful for the incredible people they married.  My son and daughter in law never cease to surprise and dazzle me with their kindness, intelligence, talents and the love they have for my children.  

As I dusted and tidied desk I found myself thinking how grateful I am for my computer and the window to the world that it is for me.  Grateful for information, education, inspiration and most of all, online friends. Thank you, friends.

Unpacked the groceries and had to spend time rearranging the pantry to make room for all the wonderful and interesting things I purchased. So grateful to live in a time and place where good quality food is readily available.  So thankful that I have a talent with food and enjoy cooking delicious things for the people I love most on this earth.  So grateful for those faces around my dinner table. 

As I gathered up at least 2 dozen cat toys so I could run the vacuum cleaner I thought about my furry friends.  They drive me crazy often, but every day they make me smile. They cheer me up; their purrs comfort me.  

Set up the ironing board to press my husband's shirts and I couldn't stop thinking about my husband of 32 years.  What a journey we've had together!  And how I hope it continues for at least 32 more.  I am so thankful for that man, for his love and friendship.  

Today I find myself pondering on my feelings about Jesus Christ.  Although I don't discuss this much because it is deeply personal and sacred to me, I am a woman of faith.  I am so grateful for that and all it adds to every part of my life.  

Most days chores are chores. Today those chores were more.  Most days my mind runs so quickly I don't stop and ponder.  I am so glad today was one of those days.  

Happy Monday--
Staci

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely post today - have thought on this thru the day.

Sarah Craig said...

So often we are so busy and go so quickly from one thing to another that we lose sight of the things we should be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder!!

Mary said...

I taught my Daughter to make a family recipe of Chili Sauce that she loves. She wanted to learn how to Can! Speaking of chores...it is a lot of WORK but the rewards of passing it on means a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We all need to stop and Count our Blessings!

Lisa C said...

What a great way to give thanks in your daily life.

liloca, liloquinha said...

Eu também sou grata à Deus pelas ricas bençãos que tem derramado sôbre minha vida., minha famíla!!!!
Deus é bom!!!! O tempo todo!!!
Louvemos à Ele!!!
liége

Ranch Wife said...

THERE you ARE! I've missed seeing you pop up and I've been thinking of you...and keeping you in prayer.
Lovely post - there is so much to be thankful for and we often rush past many of those blessings. This is a good reminder to slow down and appreciate the things we so often take for granted. Thank you.

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

This is my favorite post from you!!! So encouraging and grateful!!! Thanks so much sweetie!!!