Friday, December 27, 2013

The Farmer's Wife Sampler--106 blocks!

The Farmer's Wife Sampler has 106 completed blocks now!  Just 5 more blocks to go!  My goal is to have the blocks finished before we say goodbye to December and 2013.  

#90 - Storm Signal

#94 -  Tall Pine Tree.  Had to go with a green tree and a blue sky for this one!

#107 - Wind Blown Square

#79 - Silver Lane.  Looks like this one needs to be pressed a little better...

#82 - Spider Legs. This one was paper pieced. 

I had a few blocks that I made early in the project that made me cringe every time I looked at them, so I made three blocks over again.  Here's my new blocks:
#109 - Windows

#61 - Northern Lights

#63 - Ozark Maple Leaf

Wish me luck!  I really want to finish the rest of these blocks!


9 comments:

Auntie Pami said...

Excellent piecing! I love that little dot, is it a staple/basic or from a certain line? So hard to find. Can't wait to see the entire quilt.

MissMary said...

Blessings on all your endeavors! It's been so inspirational watching all your block this year, so guess what book Santa brought me? ;-) hugs and happiest of (holiday) sewing!

Kymberly said...

I just got this book for Christmas. I think my goal for 2014 is going to be to make all of the blocks.

Kymberly said...

I forgot to add that I love how your blocks look and am inspired that it can actually be done in a year.

Mary said...

Yea, only 5 more to make! Best of LUCK making them quick. Then you can assemble your quilt. That Windblown square is one of my faves in this quilt. I think the Northern Lights was one of the first blocks I made.

Nicky said...

Looking lovely Staci! Keep up the good work.

Carla said...

I'm cheering you on!!! Rah! Rah! Oh, and I remember Spider Legs and Silver Lane as being "cringe" worthy blocks when I made them! LOL! Yours look great!

joanold said...

Love your blocks! They spur me on to get mine finished this year.

Sarah said...

Beautiful piecing Staci. Great achievement getting nearly all the blocks for the quilt finished. Did you get the last ones done by New Year?