Thursday, December 26, 2013

Round and Round and Round

Here's one of the things I was feverishly working on in the weeks leading up to Christmas, but couldn't show until now.  The pattern is called Round and Round and is from Thimbleblossoms. 

This quilt was a gift for my dear Sister-in-Law.  She's one of my favorite people in the whole wide world!  A couple years ago I made a sewing machine mat & cover for her for Christmas. (click here to see it)  This new quilt used the rest of the fabric left from that project to make all the little friendship stars.  And I really mean used up!  I only had tiny little scraps left when the top was finished. I added this fun swirly purple print for the background, and here's the finished quilt. 


And a close up!

The backing is from a collection called Spot On by Moda.  The color is called Steel.  

I hope she likes it!  It was made with lots of love and good wishes!


8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Super cute - the purple swirls really give it a nice pop!

Tiffany said...

It's gorgeous! That's one of my favorite patterns, too.

Tiffany said...

Oops! Sorry - wrong account. That last comment was from me. Now you have three comments from Tiffany. :)

Amy said...

Great quilt! I love the purple for the background

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Beautiful quilt! The purple is a lovely background!

sunny said...

It's beautiful! I haven't' tried the swirly stars yet, but I plan to!

Julianne said...

What a beautiful quilt..very nicely done, I bet she loved it!

Emily said...

I DO LOVE IT!!! thanks for making it for me , it is so beautiful!