Monday, December 30, 2013

Farmer's Wife--111 blocks Completed! YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!

January 4th of 2011 I made my first two Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt blocks. 
Those blocks went into this storage box.  I clearly remember thinking how the poor blocks looked lost and lonely in the big box and that BIG BOX was a symbol of either optimism or foolishness.  At that point I couldn't decide which!

On Christmas Day I finished up the last few blocks and now the box has almost more than it can hold!


Took me 2 years, but I FINALLY have all my Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks completed!  

Much Snoopy style happy dancing took place!  I was, and am still, so EXCITED!  I really did it!  I finished my blocks!

Here's the parade:


#110 Wood Lily.  I paper pieced this one, and it turned out pretty nice!


#99 -  WCTU.  Isn't it cheerful? I'm enjoying this pink and yellow combination.

# 101 - Wedding Ring in citrusy hues!

#89 - Steps to the Altar--The asterisk print always appears out of focus in every photo of every block in which I have used it!

#105 - Wild Goose Chase.  This one was paper pieced as well.  It is the first time I've paper pieced flying geese.  It's pretty slow going, but the points look great!

Not only are all my blocks finished, I have the sashing and cornerstones attached, too.

The block looks wonky because it isn't pressed down totally flat.  It really is a nice square!

Here's a close up of my sashing--a white on white leafy print.  

I'll tell you about my plans for turning my stack into a quilt top later this week!


Hope you are finding lots of happy sewing time, too!




16 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment! This is going to be stunning.

Raewyn said...

Woohoo!! Well done, beautiful blocks; I think I am about 10 blocks into mine!!

Sarah Craig said...

I am so impressed!! What an amazing accomplishment! I can't wait to see them all put together…...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow.....and they are so lovely. Congratulations!!

Tiffany said...

So happy for you! I can't wait to see them all together!

Mary said...

YAHOO!!!!! You were SO smart to add the sashing and cornerstones as you finished each block. Love all the fussy cut prints.

Stacey said...

They all look lovely.....I have only 24 done....still thinking about whether I want to do more or call it quits... well done!

Janet said...

What a wonderful finish to be celebrating for the start of the new year!

Kymberly said...

Congrats on finishing your last blocks! I can't wait to see the top all put together. (Also thanks for sharing the box you stored your blocks in. I've been trying to figure out what size box I need when I start my Farmer's Wife quilt tomorrow and this gives me a very good idea.)

Camille said...

Bravo madam! I can't wait to see this all put together. Are you going to quilt it or have it sent out?

Sharon M said...

You've inspired me! My friends are going to start Dear Jane and I will be finishing Farmers Wife.I will get a sneak peek of the finished quilt when you finish yours. Congratulations on a huge accomplishment!

Newbie Jen said...

So lovely! Congrats!

Sharrieboberry said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see your plans for setting your pretty blocks!

Carla said...

I'm so excited for you and know from experience what a big accomplishment this is! Congrats!!

Sarah said...

Two years is perfectly normal by my standards, and those of most people I would think! Your blocks look lovely, such great colours, and well done on finishing them all. Have fun twirling and whirling them around coming up with layout options.

Ranch Wife said...

I am so excited for you!! That is a HUGE accomplishment and that quilt is going to be a work of art girl!! I have been drooling over your blocks since day 1 and still kicking myself for not snatching up that fabric collection. Congratulations!!