Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sparkle Punch Finish!

The Sparkle Punch Quilt of Awesomeness is all finished!
Last week I took the last stitch in the binding and today the 
wind was finally calm enough for photos.

The Stats:
The Pattern: Sparkle Punch by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Frannson!
The Size: 60 x 72.
The Time Frame: January to May 2012
The Fabrics: Every print came from the scrap box! Background on the front is White Kona.
                        Backing is made from Papaya, Lime, Berry and Turquoise Kona.
The Quilting: Long Arm Quilting by Pat Boeck
Quilt Holder Extraordinaire: Hubby!


Let me just say it right now-- I AM IN LOVE WITH MY QUILT!!!
I couldn't stop taking photos of it!

My lovely quilter patiently stitched about a million pebbles into the background, and quilted a star into each and every star.  The quilt has fabulous texture.  
It is just impossible not to reach out and touch it.



Here is the back of the quilt, and my one and only regret: I wish I would not have used that Berry color!  I had thought hard about using Pomegranate Kona and I wish with all my heart I would have gone with it.  But--done is done, and I love it so much I'm not going to stress about it anymore.

Black and white stars for the back.
 Look at all those little pebbles....

You know I just can't stop smiling!

Happy Stitching!


31 comments:

Melinda said...

Your quilt is wonderful! Love the colors, the stars, the backing and of course the quilting.

Julie said...

Awesome!

Irina said...

IT'S SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

grendelskin said...

[jaw hanging down to breastbone] WOW! What a wonderful, fabulous finish! Kudos and hugs and patting of back!
(p.s. - I like the berry, it shows off the quilting beautifully)

phillysblarney said...

All I can say is WOW!! The design and colors are great..but the quilting is WOW!!!

Sharon T said...

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, WOW!! It says it all.

Linda said...

That is gorgeous!!! And I'm glad to see the wind cooperated this time!

doodlebugmom said...

the wonderful colors make me smile!

Hilachas said...

I love your quilt also. Beautiful!

Leslie can't stop quilting said...

You and your quilter did a fabulous job! So bright and pretty!! I love it too!

Ruth said...

I don't blame you for smiling! The quilt is awesome!

A.J. Dub. said...

WOW!! It looks amazing! You did a fantastic job on this quilt. I love your stars in the back.Very cool.

Kirsty said...

Amazing! Wonderful work, well done.

Denise in PA said...

Wow, it is just awesome! I know why you are so in love with it! The quilting is fabulous too. I'm going to remember those pebbles when (if) I make my Sparkle Punch quilt!!

Mary said...

You have a two-sided quilt to enjoy. Love the bright stars.

cauchy09 said...

totally AWESOME!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love how they touch each other. I love how you did this. Beautiful beautiful quilt.

Anita said...

Oh Staci! It's gorgeous!!!! Where will you put it?!?!?! and I actually like how the stitching pops on that purple color...so beautiful! lovely job by your quilter too! WOW!

Debbie said...

Staci! That quilt is eye popping stunning. It is so gorgeous. Well done and your quilter does fabulous work as well!

It is beautiful. Congratulations on your finish.

Annaliese said...

as my nephew says, "holy cannoli batman!"


stunning finish - love the colors, the quilting, the whole thing is PERFECT!!

Mimi said...

Your quilt is stunning, beautiful, awesome, gorgeous and the quilting is amazing, perfect and inspiring! Thanks for sharing!! I am pinning your quilt on my Quilt and Sew board on Pinterest to admire again and again!!

Susan Entwistle said...

What a beautiful quilt! You've got a great quilter. It's a work of art.

Deb said...

Gorgeous Staci! And the only reason you don't like the berry is because it is too close to purple!!! I think it is fantastic.

Dorian said...

That's beautiful Staci! So colorful.

Leanne said...

Beautiful finish!

Raewyn said...

Congratulations on the finish, it really is beautiful and cheery and I do like the quilting too.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

It's gorgeous!

Cille said...

Stunning quilt. I smile just looking at it...

Nicky said...

Nothing wrong with the berry - I love it! This is a beautiful quilt you can be proud of! Enjoy it Staci!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Stunning! So, are you sleeping under it?! I think you need to rename it "Staci's Stunning Sparkle Stars". I think it would certainly be hard to be grouchy with this quilt in the room!