Monday, May 2, 2011

Swap and Bee Blocks for April

Happy Month of May!  
These are my swap and bee blocks for the month of April, I recently realized I hadn't posted any of them.


For Block Swap Adventure, my April partner was Sue in Australia. Sue requested a block in Autumn colors, and said she liked batiks as well as prints.  This is the block I made for Sue.  It is Fall Fancy from Quilter's Cache.


Our Let's Bee Together group made blocks for Melinda. Melinda sent out solid white as well as three pieces of a layer cake.  She told us to choose any block; I chose Courtyard Square. It  is #90 of Quiltmaker's 100 blocks, Volume 1.


Bee Unique...Bee Knotty just started in April.  This month we made blocks for Vickie, who blogs at My Full Color Life. She sent out a large package of fabrics, I believe there were at least 7 different prints, as well as a white on white piece. Vickie had an unusual request.  She asked for an asymmetrical block.  She wanted us to fussy cut the birds and frame them for one side of the block, but to piece a traditional block for the other half.  This is the block I came up with.  The bird came from fabric called Larkspur.  The bottom half of the block is called Tulip Twist.  It is block #65 from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 2.  I call him the Big Bird in the Bush!




This is the Block Swap Adventure block received this Log Cabin block from Sue in Australia.  I really love the fabrics she used in the block.  Thank you Sue for the lovely block!

Hope your Monday is a happy one!  
Did you have a nice weekend?  Do anything special?

6 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

What fun blocks! I'm thinking that swaps are a great way to learn something new, meet new quilters, step out of your comfort zone, and work with fabrics you might not otherwise choose to work with. I'm thinking it would be extra exciting to get blacks back from someone who does such gorgeous work as you do!

cauchy09 said...

wow, those are some pretty intricate blocks! fun.

Stray Stitches said...

Beautiful blocks. I'm sure your swap partners were very happy to receive the gorgeous ones you made.

Leanne said...

These are all wonderful and interesting blocks!

Toni said...

WOW Staci! You are one busy "bee" lady aren't you!? I'm sure all your recipients are going to love their new blocks!

Vickie said...

Staci, I LOVE my Big Bird in a Bush block!!!! He is fabulous!!!! Thanks so much!!! :)